<VV> Bias Plys

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Sun Feb 18 23:27:01 EST 2007

    From: "BBRT"
Subject: Re: Bias Ply Tires
For those of you who think bias ply tires are unsafe, many racers race on
them, many of us drove hundreds of thousands of miles on them, etc.. without
issues. I have raced in about 40-50 events over nine years using bias ply
tires without any tire problems. I agree radial tires are better, but bias
ply unsafe? C'mon.
Chuck S
  Smitty Says:  I didn't stutter when I said unsafe.  No put down of Earlies but I can tell you this.  You don't want to be driving one on bias plys and have to make a quick lane change transition in an emegrency.  And please don't bring racing tires into this.  They have no relationship to the street tires we are talking about.