<VV> My lastcomment> Bias Ply Tires

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Mon Feb 19 09:21:57 EST 2007

With all due respect, I think y'all are ignoring the point that our cars
were under-tired to begin with; bias or radial. Many cars were under-tired
back then. Antique car tires like those made by Coker, unless expressly
designed for speed ratings, are for show and minimal go. I you want skinny
little tires of either radial or bias for show, you ought to expect and
understand the limitations, again regardless if bias or radial. Radial
helps, but today's expectations are far higher than 40 years ago.
Seems we all expect our under-tired, under-inflated tired SUVs to corner
like a LeMans sports car and save our sorry a**es when we swerve suddenly
while holding our cell phone.. Same holds true for Rear-engine cars. You
maintain the tire pressures and drive accordingly to your limits and your
equipment. I don't race on skinny little tires, and were I a "Wipe and
Shine" guy, I would only use those original size tires or close to it, for
show. My last street Corvair had much wider tires on it.

Chuck S