<VV> My lastcomment> Bias Ply Tires

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 19 18:30:47 EST 2007

>I think y'all are ignoring the point that our cars were under-tired to begin with; bias or radial. Many cars were under-tired back then.

Only by today's standards -- today, when you have Interstates
everywhere, 40 series tires, 160 mph
buy-it-off-the-showroom-floor-for-cheap cars, advanced braking systems,
et cetera.

And if you think your tires are wide and low, look at what is under the
back of a Veyron --
http://www.wallpaper.net.au/wallpaper/automotive/Bugatti%20Veyron%201%20-%201024x768.jpg

In 1960, most tires still had tubes in 'em - remember what a 1960 Indy
car looked like ? -- for the time, 6.50 x 13 probably wasn't such a bad
choice ...

mo, no respect.

Bill Strickland, who did put bigger tires on his Cavecar at first
opportunity --
D 70 - 13 red line Pos-A-Tractions
(radials were fer furrin cars & inverted wall Blue Steaks were Lots of
Money --
not to mention street illegal hereabouts)