<VV> communique history lessons

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Mon Feb 19 21:50:49 EST 2007

A guy in our club (John Zwick - thanks John) gave me a bunch of his old Communiques a couple weeks ago and I've been having a great time reading them.  I find it to be a lot of fun learning some of the history of the Corvair.

What struck me while reading an article about the '79 convention is how little things have changed.  Apparently there was some debacle that caused there to be no concours judges so they had to recruit some innexperienced people to do the judging.  Some concours participants complained about there not being enough judges but with rare exceptions, noone agreed to help when asked.  It kind of reminded me of last year's convention and some of the complaining that went on.  Not understanding that this is an all volunteer effort is nothing new it seems.  Sounds like it's been going on forever.  Sadly enough.

MikeH