<VV> salt on the roads

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Wed Feb 21 17:21:33 EST 2007

You missed the point. It DOES have something to do with price, in fact,
everything. As far as the government is concerned, they buy the salt
because that department has to go with the cheap stuff (salt).
Meanwhile, road repairs are handled by another department, and they
can't force the salt-spreading department to use the more expensive
stuff so that road repair won't cost as much. Everybody's looking out
for only his own department's expenses. And at the state level, nobody
has figured out that the two department's pockets are in the same pair
of pants.

I agree the spreading ice-melting stuff is essential in order to keep
the economy going. But my point is that everyone is only looking out for
their own "department" and NOT the big picture, ALL of which is
ultimately paid by *guess who* the taxpayer.

-Mark