<VV> Fuel Questions

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Feb 21 23:33:58 EST 2007

In a message dated 2/21/2007 7:09:54 PM Pacific Standard Time,
georgedjones at gmail.com writes:

Re #2:  IMHO, you can always use another filter in the stock Corvair fuel
system. I  would recommend that you use a metal housing filter located at the
rubber  line in the left rear fender well. This would protect your fuel pump
as  well as your carburetors, and it would not degrade the look of your
engine  compartment, in the event you like to keep it stock  appearing.

I have used a large metal filter for most race cars I have built. It was
originally a Carter part but I have seen a Fram unit which is identical. I
believe Summit also sells a similar unit. I know that other Corvairs - among  them
the "Blues Brothers" Corvair have also used it. It is effective, solid, all
metal,  and has a replacable filter element to satisfy the  anal-retentive in
the bunch. See the summit unit at :

_http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM%2DG1501&N=
700+115&autoview=sku_
(http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-G1501&N=700+115&autoview=sku)

$30 and a bit of plumbing. Hide it under the fender or make it easy to
change in the trunk for a race car. - the replacable elements are about $10.  Seth
http://www.aol.com.