<VV> Stumped by Gas Gauge

ChiefTAM at aol.com ChiefTAM at aol.com
Thu Feb 22 21:15:50 EST 2007

OK, there is about 5 gallons in the tank, maybe now down to 4.  I  thought I
remembered that if it was a ground issue, the tank would read empty,  and if
it was a sending issue, the tank would read past full.  There was  some stuff
on the float unit inside the tank, but it wasn't bad.  The tank  only had some
really light surface rust in the upper part of the tank that was  not in the
gas, so the float and sender wasn't really covered.

I have a 12 volt test light, by placing the point inside the sender  end,
with the key on, I should get a light, is that correct?   If I don't, that is
ground?

I will try some of these suggestions tomorrow and let everyone  know.  Thanks.

Todd in TX
http://www.aol.com.