<VV> There I went to save the day....

Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per chaz at ProperProPer.com
Thu Feb 22 21:37:27 EST 2007

I know, that's why I did.

It's good to give the club a "heads up" letting them know a member is far from home, and to be on the lookout in case they need help.

I'm not in your neck of the woods, but if I ever am, I'll be sure to take your phone number with me !

Chaz
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: LonzoVair at aol.com
  To: chaz at ProperProPer.com ; virtualvairs at corvair.org
  Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 6:18 AM
  Subject: Re: <VV> There I went to save the day....

  In a message dated 2/22/2007 3:27:54 AM Eastern Standard Time, chaz at ProperProPer.com writes:
    Let me be the first to say, "That was nice of you" !

  Geez, Thanks Chaz... but I didn't post the story to toot my own horn... well, not entirely.
  ;-)
  It's just that this was my first ever experience with an Ultravan (and might I add a VERY NICE one at that!)... working on a Corvair from the "wrong end" is quite a feat (thank God I have long arms!)... it was almost like I remember how it was to go to my Grandma's church when I was little (kneel, stand, kneel, sit, stand, kneel, sit, kneel - you know, those Catholic calisthenics)... that was the longest time I've spent on my knees without saying "Amen" when I stood up.
  :-)
  Add to that the fact that I've not been able to work on a Corvair for any length of time due to this leg... well, again, it was really nice to help someone... especially someone as nice as the Standon's are...
  But the other thing is... if anyone is ever in need of any assistance... well, I say "any", but I don't have a garage to work in, no "shop" tools, or very many of my parts here with me... but if there's anything I *can* do, and you're broke down in my neck of the woods, don't hesitate to give me a shout... I'm still limping around, and I keep my cane with me, but it's the leg thats weak, not the noggin!
  :-)
  I'm just a mile from the Western Ky Parkway at exit 124, and the Sonora, KY exit 81 (I think) on I-65 is just about 9 miles, as is the Glendale, KY exit 86 just north of Sonora.
  Again, it feels so good to be able to help someone... after all the kindness and help you guys have given me these past 3 years with this leg ordeal (yes, March 30th, 2004 is almost 3 years ago), I'll do what I can to pass that kindness back around.
  After all <Wilfred Brimley voice> "It's the RIGHT thing to do!" <Wilfred Brimley voice>.
  Later,
  Lonzo

  Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
  CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Kentucky Corvair
  1961 Greenbrier
  1963 Greenbrier
  1964 700 sedan
  1969 Monza coupe