<VV> Eastern Director Candidate

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Fri Feb 23 20:59:27 EST 2007

Unca Lonald wrote:

> Sarah, if there are no takers then we have really done ourselves a
> disservice.  I realize internal politics is not everyone's forte, but some
> of the disparaging posts have left the impression that the Corsa Board is
> some kind of evil  batch of  wankers out to steal your soul if you
> volunteer. Good grief.

Lon, after 19 years in this club, I've heard a lot, and not everyone who
says it can be a liar.  I also have had my own dealings with the board,
which I can assure you weren't very positive.

The CBM is now in its 2nd printing, so it must be making some money for
CORSA, and doing its job for new members.  It makes me wonder why I went
through what I had to lobbying board members to spend the money, when other
board expenditures I saw go thru without a hitch, with questionable results.
And that's just one members experience.

For the record, Since Sarah was involved in this post, she supported the CBM
100%, as I supported her when she first decided to run for the Board.

And of course, Directors also talk as we know.  I can't say of course who
told me what, and I'm not about to.  But I heard enough to know I want no
part of it.

I'm involved in Political Blogging.  And it makes some of the fracases we've
seen here over the years look like the sniffles compared to what takes place
in the Blogosphere every day.
But this is a CAR CLUB--it's supposed to be a fun thing.  And when it
becomes more politics than cars,  count me out.  I just prefer not to be
involved.

Lon Continues

> I have also been involved in local and regional politics in Oregon for the
> past 14 years and can say without reservation that the level of rancor and
> dissatesfaction on the Corsa Board does even come to within one 1000th of
> what it is in "real" politics. Let's get some perspective - PLEASE!

Lon, I guess we haven't been talking to the same people.

> Furthermore, I would be willing to bet that the level of politics at your
> local job is considerably more intense than it is on the Corsa Board.

There IS no politics on my job---1st one I've ever had where there wasn't.

> If anyone out there wants to say - Don't apply for the board if you're
> easily discouraged or easy insulted when you don't get things your way -
> then say that. But don't  try to make it sound like there's something
> unusually awful about the Corsa Board of Directors. Fair is fair.

I'll say this much.  If you think you're going to come on the CORSA BoD and
change the world overnight, forget it.  If you have a good idea or 2, and
you have the diplomatic skill to bend others to your line of reasoning, Go
ahead.  If you're easily disappointed when that diplomacy fails,  Maybe you
should think twice.

CORSA BoD historically makes change at a snails pace. That's just my
opinion, but after watching it for almost 20 years, that's my analysis.

Is the CORSA BoD a bunch of bad people?  Never said that. Didn't infer it
either.  Just friendly words of warning to someone who might be an eager
beaver.  That's All.

Hank