<VV> Dayton Performance workshop

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Sun Feb 25 12:16:47 EST 2007

I hope everyone had better travelling conditions than we did.
Mother Nature's Indiana branch surely hates Corvair Racers. No only did we have to load two weeks ago due to more impending snow storms ( we had to get plowed out to start out and the heater blower motor burnt out upon  starting out) we had to drive home at 20 mph in a rain/snow/ice blizzard. About every 5 miles there was car off in a ditch. I could just imagine trying to get a camper truck and race trailer out of a ditch. One spinning Thunderbird nearly got us.
   Another stress was watching for hospital exits for my sick wife who passed out at the workshop.
She is much better today but I feel like crap. I'm fairly  certain that she got the Flu from visiting her sick mother.
Many thanks to those who helped in this small emergency, especially the warm Envoy, and the fellow who lent use the blue blanket which is still in the Bingo Hall.
  I really enyoyed geting out of the snowed in (fever) cabin and visiting my friends--it's really more about socializing than the cars. I missed those who couldn't make it or were smart enough not to try. I especially missed Bob Marlow's talk.
   Still have a few lateral linkage kits left to sell,
Warren