<VV> Re: suspected carb problem

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Mon Feb 26 11:59:16 EST 2007

Hmm, running rich, fuel fouled plugs, broken t-stat.  You didn't  mention
where you are but, is it cold there?  Sounds like carb icing.   All evidence
melts by the time you get the car somewhere to check.  I had  this happen once in
California. (140 in a 63 GB camper).  All I had to do  was to open the
summer/winter plate.  You might have to fix the thermostat  AND open the plate.  I'd
guess that any temps below 40 degrees ambient  could give you trouble (it's
colder than ambient at the venturi area)
OTOH, you could be in Florida and it's 85 deg. in which case the secretary
will disavow any knowledge of these recommendations.
Craig
(In sunny but cold Idaho)
http://www.aol.com.