<VV> Timing Question 110

ChiefTAM at aol.com ChiefTAM at aol.com
Mon Feb 26 12:32:05 EST 2007

On my newly rebuilt 69 110hp, I am having a bit of a problem with
pinging/knocking when I let out the clutch to start from a dead stop in 1st gear  when
the engine is warm.  I thought that the timing might be advanced a bit  far, so
I checked it over the weekend and it was set at about 13 degrees.   As the
heads were cleaned up, I don't really know what the compression ratio is,  but I
am using 93 octane gas.  Seems like it doesn't have a great deal of  power
down low when taking off, so I rev the engine a bit, and that is when I  get the
pinging/knocking.  I don't get it then accellerating in the upper  gears,
just taking off from a start.  The car has a Pertronixs I. Any  ideas on timing?
Should I retard some more?  To what?   Thanks.

Todd in TX
http://www.aol.com.