<VV> Re: [fastvair] PW: Early Model Handling

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Mon Feb 26 15:46:23 EST 2007

Great approach Bob,
Warren

-----Original Message-----
From: vairtec at optonline.net
To: levair at aol.com
Cc: fastvair at yahoogroups.com; VirtualVairs at corvair.org; FREDSCLASSICS at aol.com; Yenko108 at hotmail.com; Ricebugg at mtco.com
Sent: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 1:29 PM
Subject: [fastvair] PW: Early Model Handling

A Synopsis:

My presentation planned for the recent Performance Workshop was “Early Model
Performance Handling.”  It was not “How to Make an Early Model Handle,” because
early models do in fact handle very well by design.  Remember, driving
enthusiasts embraced the early model from the start.  While the late model of
course has an improved suspension design, this does not mean that the early
model is a poor-handling car.

If you want to enjoy your early model in a sporting manner, be it autocross or
track events or even spirited road driving, it can be as simple as ensuring that
all the suspension components are renewed, using quality shocks, and using
quality tires.

But my intended presentation for the PW was to highlight the changes and the
setups used by a number of persons who use their early models in track events,
ranging from Geoff Flynn’s street-legal sedan to Warren LeVeque’s Doug Roe car.
In all, the cars of six owners, with six different approaches to “the hot
set-up,” were compiled.  One of them was my own.  None of them is the “right”
combination -- everyone must use what works for them.

So I may indeed transcribe my planned remarks to make a Communique article, but
not real soon.  The same work-related issues that kept me away from the PW
continue to soak up my time.

Thanks, everyone, for your interest.

--Bob

http://us.click.yahoo.com/hOt0.A/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/EHYslB/TM