<VV> PG fluid

James Davis jld at wk.net
Tue Feb 27 12:50:38 EST 2007

Not true If you read the API specifications
Mercon V is a suitable replacement  for Dexron II and III.
[]

Chevron Automatic Transmission Fluid MERCON® V
is fully approved for MERCON V, as well as
DEXRON®-III and MERCON® approved. It provides
excellent performance in frigid cold and is
formulated to resist viscosity breakdown for long fluid life.

  The differences in Mercon V is that it has more
anti foaming agents and is more temperature
stable. Mercon V is specified for use in most
Ford automatics 1997 and up.  GM's 2008
transmission fluid is Dexron IV.   No clue what that is
Jim Davis