<VV> Car Wash

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 16:38:44 EST 2007

                                         B"H

Hi all...I'm just wondering if any of you experienced
this before.

Last night as I drove home from work, I ran the Monza
through the car wash, and specified the "chassis bath"
to ensure that the undercarriage was washed as well.

She purred like a kitten when I drove in, and she came
out of the car wash with a rough idle and some
hesitation at the beginning of accelerator travel.

I assumed somehow the engine got a bit wet, and of
course this has never been a problem before,
especially when the engine was hot and kept idling as
we made our way through the soap storm.

So, when I got home, I opened the engine cover, and
behold, the inside was as dry as a bone.  Not a drop
of water anywhere.  To make sure, I removed the
distributor cap.  Same thing, completely dry.  Not a
trace of water anywhere.  Wires look perfect, no
moisture at all.

Has this happened to anyone?  I know, I gotta re-check
the basics:  Plugs, timing, carb settings, vacuum.
But it was kind of strange that it happened when going
through the car wash.  I have a Pertronix so points
don't come into play now.

When you step on the gas past the beginning of travel,
she runs nice smooth and powerful.

Thanks folks...Bill Hershkowitz
               "Susie the Little Blue Coupe" 69 Monza
                110 PG