<VV> Windshield/rear window installation blocks

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Jan 1 19:21:25 EST 2007

The wonderful thing about this forum is when a mistake is made, there
will be lots of people to jump on it, then others will jump in to
correct the correction. Ah, life is good. Happy 2007! ggg

And now for the first volley:

The windshield "rope" seal available is butyl, not asphalt.

And the rubber blocks come with most butyl ribbon kits for sale. Set the
two blocks w/o the butyl in place. Set the windshield on the two blocks
for a trial fit. Adjust size if needed.

I like to put the ribbon, when I use it (now mostly do full urethane
installs), on the pinchweld, but some perfer to put the ribbon on the
glass. To each his own...

Here in the east we usually have to follow a ribbon install with
urethane or other sealer (liquid butyl, ugh) to eliminate leaks.

Awaiting the next volley. ggg

Frank DuVal