<VV> Corvair Ownership....yada yada yada

john jncmiller at mchsi.com
Tue Jan 2 23:40:39 EST 2007

Smitty,

  I think you made valid points. A while back I helped a guy get a pristine 66 Vert  with 33,000 miles for 2G. All that was wrong was varnisded gas and a bent pushrod which I fixed for him. A month or so later while I was gone on vacation he sold it for $7000 on Ebay. He asked me later to help look for another, to which I refused.
  Smitty I'm not the oldtimer you are but I've had vVairs around in my family since 61 off and on. My kids first minivan was a Greenbriar. Whenever I'm on a drive I find myself scanning backyards, fields, and open garages. I always seem to have a new project Vair before the last one is done. I am a basic Vair owner and I am cheap so I look for the cheapest way to own one. I think I am getting so good at it people now leave post it notes on my mailbox trying to give them to me.
  When a newbie shows up I always try to help....because I like doing it. When a wannabe asks where to find one I enthusiatically try to help find one. If you are serious about OWNERSHIP.....because that is going to keep the whole thing(and the vendors) going for those that don't have 20 Corvairs laying around in the back yard. I do not think I have ever saw a high return on my investment of any Corvair I have sold.
  But I'm not doing this Corvair thing to make money. I'm doing it because it's my stress reliever, my time machine to a simpler time, my fun, enjoyment, and because I do not own any other type of car but a Corvair, my lifestyle.
  I don't know if I fit your description but I fit mine. If I turn out to be a short timer then look for my obituary to soon follow. I dont care what kind of Vair I drive....I don't care what kind you drive.....but I'd like to see it !
  I'm sure in some way all this babbling has offended someone. it seems inevitable someone will be offended sooner or later ....the F NADER plates on one of my cars proved that. But I must say everyone on this list that I have met, and a few I haven't, are a great bunch of boys and girls. And are very helpful and caring....but being boys and girls....occassionaly we need to be reminded to play nicely.
  That being said:

PLAY NICE !

John Miller
Iowa
Ok....my favorite is still a late 4 door...so what do I know?