<VV> Pulling Brakes

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Wed Jan 3 09:37:46 EST 2007

  Everett Wilson Says:> I am getting a strong pull to the right when I apply the brakes in my 67  4 door. I should say I have a almost lock-up pull to the right,
> particularly when doing anything other than a slow easy stop.
  Smitty Says:  Everette you may have a failing brake hose and in this case it would be the one on the left.  Test for this is, apply the brakes slowly untill the pedal is solid and then press firmly for a stop.  If the stop is pretty much hands off, then it is the hose for sure.  When brake hoses fail they collapse inward and restrict the fluid flow to the cylinders.  The left brake is getting applied more slowly and that is why the pull to the right.  "Big disclaimer here".  Contaminated shoes can cause a pull also but seldom matching the above action.