<VV> Mufflers/duals

kwoodke at comcast.net kwoodke at comcast.net
Wed Jan 3 17:03:33 EST 2007

Howdee, new member here. I returned to "Planet 'Vair" last spring by buying a '65 Monza cpe, 110 Powerglide w/AC. I'm sure this has been talked about before but I want to try to set up some good sounding dual mufflers without going to headers yet,(yes I'm cheap). I have other issues to resolve before I get carried away. I want to make it an almost daily driver. Back in the 70's I had  65cpe with dual Cherry bombs (they're back on the market by the way), but there they were real loud. I tried Hush Thrushes but they were almost too quiet.

There are numerous Hi-perf mufflers out there now and I am wondering if some one can give me a recommendation. I'm looking for deep mellow but not annoying loudness. I know I am at a disadvantage with the PG but that's what I gotta live with for now. I'll probably get dual pipes from Clark's and try mufflers and tips (if there is room) from local sources.

I'm looking for that 69 Z/28 sound, any help would be appreciated.
Keith Woodke