<VV> 4-door fold-down back seat

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Wed Jan 3 20:03:19 EST 2007

At 11:17 AM 1/3/2007, LonzoVair at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 1/3/2007 9:41:38 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
>tonyu at roava.net writes:
>By the way, 700s as well as 900s had the fold-down back seat from the
>start in '60.
>

>Hey Tony,
>I think it was still "optional" in the 700 sedans... my 64 700 sedan
>has a stationary rear seat back... much to my chagrin...
>:-(

I must have been lucky... I don't recall seeing a '60 700 that didn't
have a folding back seat.    Even the junkyard dogs that Richard D.
had seemed to all have folding back seats.

>Just an "FYI".... and this car has only one option... powerglide....
>and it has option "5O", which is seatbelt delete....

...seatbelt delete?    Odd.

One would have thought nobody would have cared.    But what do I
know?    At that time, I was chasing girls down the school
hallways.   The only belts on my mind were holding up my jeans.

Anybody know about the folding seat option/standard status on early
700s?    I thought it was standard myself.

tony..