<VV> Re: BRAKES scarey stuff if you have been there

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed Jan 3 18:31:04 EST 2007

for some reason i like to rebuild or replace all cylinders and tubing etc  on
any older vehicle i drive.  maybe its because after driving a 62 vette  home
from ct after a good buy , i blew the tubing off it pulling into my shop  and
after tearing into it most cylinders were full of crud and tight.  now  i will
not drive anything of mine until i have completely redone the system and  put
silicone fluid in it.most cylinders will have binding pistons and crud in
them when you get looking at them , and remember , tubing sometimes (most
times!) fails from the inside out  ..so you cant tell how good old tubing  is from
looking.
i put all  i can into pushing on the brake pedal before driving my  cars
after setting no matter what.  must be because i blew so much tubing  off from
fairly new cars when inspecting them.   better in your shop  or garage than when
you really need them.  salt belt guys better try this  on your main ride after
a couple years also...

regards, tim colson