<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 24, Issue 18

J1M1SH at aol.com J1M1SH at aol.com
Wed Jan 3 20:32:13 EST 2007

Re: mufflers/duels
I picked up a set of duel u-tailpipes at a swap meet. Next swap meet I got  2
brand new (actually 25 years old in original boxes) Scat glasspacks, (for
that  "boss" sound). I am still learning about these darn cars. This time I
learned  140 duel tailpipes have bigger flanges than my 110 pg  65 vert. has so I
couldn't use them. Well, I got a 1.25 - 1.5 (or whatever actual size) adapter
and just put on one glasspack (with a chrome balony cut turnout!) It actually
 sounds good. I don't have this car registered yet but a couple of quick
trips  with a friends transporter plate showed me the car ran good, seems to have
more  bottom end punch than my 69 140 pg, and really sings as it is revved out
in  first, or high speed cruising in second. Now I have one leftover Scat!!
Jim Dunn
New York
69 140 pg (32k miles)
65 110 pg vert (In a garage from 75-July06)
Getting ready to build a V8 w/ glide