<VV> Mufflers/duals

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Thu Jan 4 10:11:23 EST 2007

Hello,
As some have mentioned....   A PG with plain duals sounds ratty.   At
least to
me.   On both of my earlies I have duals with a crossover "H" pipe.  The
110 PG has small turbo style mufflers.   Has a very mellow sound,
really sounds about stock.   It accompanied a cam change, so can not
say for sure, but no loss in bottom end and it runs very strong.   The
other is
a standard 102 and has
stock 140
U-Pipes and mufflers, with a crossover tube added.   I like the sound on
it alot.   Not overwhelming, but no drone.     If
anyone has has heard
Del Pattens coupe with Flowmasters.... It has loud and rough, puts the 425
V8 in my 66 to shame...

-Geoff Johnson