<VV> Mufflers

tconnolly tconnolly at iepfire.com
Thu Jan 4 16:13:35 EST 2007

I just got my 64 4sp 110 cp back from the shop.  It is .030 over bore w/a 270 isky cam, we went to dual thrush turbos.  It sounds great 99% of the time but there is a zone (i have no tach) in 3rd & 4th just on the gas that makes a droning sound in the car with windows up or down that makes your eyeballs rattle.  My kids won't ride in the back because they say it makes their ears pop like on a plane and the wife vetos riding it that one because she complains we cant talk over the tone.

I have sound deadened a 65 cp with dense insulation and ripstop waterproof fabric. That was a piece of cake due to all the voids in the fender areas but an early has no place to stuff on a 64.  I was thinking of making a blanket to lay against the steel under the seat up to the rear window or experimenting with dynamat (sp?) adhesive backed material.  I love the sound but its that sweet spot that would drive me nuts on a long trip.

Tom