<VV> Beg Me to Run

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Thu Jan 4 19:01:55 EST 2007

From: "George Jones"

I've got to echo Hank's thoughts here (as well as others who have provided
their views). If, what I've heard came from only one source, I would write
it off to a personality conflict, however, I've heard the same negative
comments from a number of folks who have been on the BOD. Now that doesn't
mean I believe all of it, or even most of it, but I must say that I am
starting to place some credence in what is being said. I'm not posting this
to throw stones at any one in particular, but I am hopeful that the BOD
members and executive committee, when this is read, realize there is an
undercurrent of dissent in their organization.
  Smitty Says:  Yes there is a problem with the board which makes it an undesirable job to run for.  I have been used for a sounding board for four members recently and in the past who I am sure would not want me to start violating their confidence.  I believe it would be a general enough statement to say frustration is a big factor with lack of response to internal attempts to communicate.  Primarily email.   Frustration with the inability to conduct business within the guidelines of the bylaws.  (Nobody cares so let's just do it this way).  This last one is mine although I also got it from a board member and I am sure I'm going to hell for bringing it up.  Frustration that one of the poitical parties literally ran on a ticket of getting in there and breaking up the running of CORSA by one regional group.  Then got in there and did all possible to stay and keep on running things theirself.  Finally, just plain frustration.  Did any of you actually read the board minutes in
 the Jan Communique.  (ANYBODY)  Talk about a whirlwind of activity and accomplishment.  Like I said, I'm going to hell.  The only reason I write is that it seems everyone else is afraid to open their mouths.  Please don't anyone be dumb enough to ask me to name names on any of this.