<VV> ebay fees increase - some Corvair

Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per chaz at ProperProPer.com
Thu Jan 4 21:22:29 EST 2007

I wonder what he means by

"while we believe these changes are modest, we consider any changes that may
impact our sellers with great care. These adjustments are the result of
careful analysis and we believe they're the right thing to do to keep the
marketplace strong for our eBay.com and eBay Motors sellers."

Fee increases range from 14 % for the 1st $10 of the final price of an
auction, plus 8.3% of the final price over $25, to 33% for motorcycles, and
25% for trucks.

If he really believes that "these changes are modest" what will eBay do to
use next time, once they get us to swallow this ?

There is an alternative : www.iOffer.com, which is smaller and having a hard
time competing, but maybe worth checking out ?

If you sell your Corvair (or anything else) on eBay, then you get what you
deserve, and go from being part of the solution, to being part of the
problem.

Not a lot different from the gas companies inuring us, little by little,
gouging us, then lowering them a little, and we are relieved when they are
still higher than they were before they gouged us.

"Inure" is the best word for it, and eBay seems to have learned a lesson
from "big oil," haven't they ?

Maybe www.iOffer.com is an answer ?

Chaz

        Selling Price     New Fee     Old Fee  Increase %
       $          5,000   $         5.00   $      5.00  0%
       $          6,000   $         6.00   $      5.00  20%
       $          7,000   $         7.00   $      5.00  40%
       $          8,000   $         8.00   $      5.00  60%
       $          9,000   $         9.00   $      5.00  80%
       $        10,000   $       10.00   $      5.00  100%
       $        11,000   $       10.00   $      5.00  100%
       $        12,000   $       10.00   $      5.00  100%
       $        13,000   $       10.00   $      5.00  100%
       $        14,000   $       10.00   $      5.00  100%
       $        15,000   $       10.00   $      5.00  100%