<VV> BOD

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Thu Jan 4 22:56:54 EST 2007

Smitty Says:  When I was expressing myself about some of the reasons people might be reluctant to serve I had a full page of things in my head that I considered bringing up.  As I was writing I considered that I didn't want to sound as though CORSA was totally screwed up and there was no hope for satisfaction by serving on the board so I condensed things down.  This left me without saying the complementary things I might have said.  I have very good friends and well liked associates that have served on the board.  Some of them have gone beyond "the call" and others have served capably if not excellently.  I appreciate the work they have done and what has been accomplished during their tenures.  What prompted me to write was the question, "Why won't people talk about the problems".  I felt I could express a couple that I knew of and maybe shake some trees.  Matt says he answers email posts promptly and that is good.  How many on the board do though.  It seems that some (too
 many) avoid a subject they don't want to discuss by not responding at all.  Not even to each other.  This is not new to this board.  It's been going on for years  but I think it is worse now.  I thought bringing up the subject might prompt some of the dead wood on the board to obtain an opinion and maybe even vote.  All one needs to do is gather maybe the last 4 years of board meeting minutes and see who is voting and who just likes to wear a badge with director on it.  Three or four people out of twelve can't carry out all of CORSAs business and serve the total membership properly.              That's it                No More