<VV> Rough at 2000 RPM

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sat Jan 6 00:28:33 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/5/2007 5:56:27 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
BEC176 at msn.com writes:

1st:  At a low Idle (600) it has an occasional kick, stutter  etc.  With the
RPM up around 1000 it's smooth.

2nd:  Between  2000 and 2500 RPM she seems a bit rough,  above that she
smoothes out and  runs fine.

Hi Jim,
I know that you said the timings been checked, but here's what I suggest.

Temporarily disconnect and plug the VA and see if either of these two
conditions change.

Connect and watch the timing light to see if #1 above can be caught that  way.

#2 seems to occur about when the centrifugal adv is all in. Could the
weights be bouncing around at that point?

If not with either trial, swap for known good carbs.

Good luck.
Regards,
Bob Helt