<VV> VV Muffler project for a cheapskate

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Jan 7 13:12:29 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/7/2007 9:55:35 AM Pacific Standard Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:

It is my  understanding from past discussions (read that - don't know this to
be a  fact) that the side exit exhaust is to reduce the chance of fumes being

sucked back into the heater through the fresh air grill on top.   Further,
that straight out the back exhaust (at least a portion) can be  sucked
forward and into the engine compartment - and hence into the heater  system.

Later, JR

But he said the tip, although going straight out the back, had a turn down,
like the Turbo tip. It should work as well as the Turbo does.  (As long  as
"drop off/angle chrome cut tailpipe" means it looks like a turbo!)
By  the way, I think the deflection angle is to keep exhaust crap from ending
up on  the rear end of the car. We all know how well that works!  - Seth

John wrote:
"so I cut the rear exhaust grill on the lower side to fit a straight
out 2 1/2" drop off/angle chrome cut tailpipe ($4.99) giving it a turbo
style look and fit."