<VV> Re: gas heaters..

James Davis jld at wk.net
Sun Jan 7 13:56:43 EST 2007

Mine has an electrical fuel pump (Carter vane) and a tee mounted on
the frame rail behind the tank.  I removed the stock electrical
switch on the air control of the gas heater and instead use two
lighted rocker switches electrical to control the heater and fan. The
the switches are tied directly to the battery by a 8 ga wire.   I
used it to defrost the windshield and heat up the truck before I
started to school. Note: If the spark plug gap is not perfect the
coil has insufficient voltage to fire plug without the engine
running.  Full on the heater draws about 30 amps so a good battery
will last about 20 minutes and still have power to start the
truck.   Putting out 150 F degree air the gas heater doesn't take
long to heat the cab.
Jim Davis