<VV> VV Mufflers Cheapskates and crap on the car...

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sun Jan 7 18:58:14 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/7/2007 3:26:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jncmiller at mchsi.com writes:

I  suppose if you sat at idle long enough some fumes could enter but I don't
see  why it would be different for the turbo model which did have this type or
the  60 model which also does.

John,
The 60 had a gas powered heater, so it didn't matter if the exhaust got up
to the engine air intake or not.
The wagons and the FCs have the air intake on the sides, so it's not a
factor with them, either... as for the turbo, I've always seen them with the  pipe
pointed down and angled to the corner... not straight out the back...
Just my observations...
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair, Quart Low
Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg, 1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg, 1969 Monza  110/pg