<VV> Future Corvair values according to BJ

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 8 02:40:02 EST 2007

I believe he was saying that he has actually sold LM turbo 'verts for
upwards of $50K.

I wish people would realize that B-J prices are not a real reflection of the
everyday market for almost any car's value.  I'm not saying that the B-J
prices are wrong, quite the contrary.  I think they are a reflection of the
B-J market.  Those guys go to extraordinary lengths to facilitate the
bringing together an exceptional selection of cars and buyers.  Folks are
paying a premium for that.

If I had the dough (which I don't) and if I had the desire (which I don't)
to purchase, say, a '63 split window Fuelie Vette in red with a white
interior, (this is a hypothetical car) I could spend hours of my time and
wait years to find that car.  Time is money, and especially if you have the
wherewithall to purchase a car like that.  It's just easier to have B-J
bring you three examples to choose from, and you pay what you gotta pay to
get it.  But you'd be a fool to think you could turn around and go back to
easternarmpit/state and put it in the local autotrader and get what you paid
for it at B-J.

This show is pure genius.  Craig Jackson gets to get paid to take a tour of
the US, building contacts and his roster of potential cars to bring to his
auction block.  Pure genius.

Regards,
Joel