<VV> RE: Aero Data

Steven R. Marti srmarti at netzero.net
Mon Jan 8 09:51:46 EST 2007

"Anyone  have access to a car sized one?

Actually, yes...

We (Terry Kalp, Jim Dallas and myself) performed a Corvair wind tunnel test

just today on both an EM and LM coupe. We tufted half of each car and
videoed/photographed them at speed. The deck lid on both cars was very well
behaved
aerodynamically. I'm going to present what we found, the good, bad and
ugly,
at the Performance Workshop in Dayton next month. Some real interesting
stuff...

Ned"

I recall the caption under of photo in an aerodynamics book I had at work.
"corvair in the Convair wind tunnel."   So somewhere out there is ( or used
to be ) actual wind tunnel data.

These days we could more probably learn about as much with the right
instrumentation and careful road testing.

Steve