<VV> RE: Aero Data

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Mon Jan 8 20:09:32 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/8/2007 8:52:50 A.M. Central Standard Time,
srmarti at netzero.net writes:

I recall  the caption under of photo in an aerodynamics book I had at work.
"corvair  in the Convair wind tunnel."   So somewhere out there is ( or  used
to be ) actual wind tunnel data.

These days we could more  probably learn about as much with the right
instrumentation and careful  road testing.

GM did do wind tunnel testing on the 60 and I have some of it, too little.
There are several wind tunnels that can be used for automobiles and even some
that are exclusively used for cars. I friend of mine from college worked in
the  GM tunnel.

I have done "coast down" tests to estimate the drag of the Corvair using a
G-Tech. Haven't figured out how to measure lift on the road, yet...

Ned