<VV> RE: How Many, etc. threads

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue Jan 9 16:03:06 EST 2007

At 06:17 AM 1/9/2007, TimogensTurbo at aol.com wrote:
>I must say it is nice to see the number of posts back up to more than
>VV-talk.....it's been slow here for too long!
>
>Maybe these "earthy" subjects are what we need more of...???

If nothing else, I've learned a couple of things... one being that
this household contains packrats.   Another, that even on-topic
subjects are gonna cause some people to take issue.    In the
meantime, I continue to stash the posts so I can maybe do my own
recount just to see how many 'Vairs got "reported".

At one time, a few years ago, a count was done with the local chapter
here and we totaled up about 60 Corvairs between the group.   (this
was before my household had begun collecting en mass)     The chapter
doesn't have that many now...  many members have retired of late or
passed, and others have lost interest and sold off their
'Vairs.     The Corvairs are still around; they just belong to other
people these days.    Currently, I don't think the chapter has more
than maybe a dozen or so Corvairs (outside the clutter we've acquired
here) at this time.

The old cliche "You can't save them all" isn't a priority item in
this camp.   I've discovered that Corvairs, like kittens, tend to
accumulate.   And, maybe not "all" of 'em are here, but there's
certainly enough of them that got saved which *are* here.   ;)     I
sure don't need any more projects at this time...

tony..