<VV> Hot engine question - no Corvair, maybe

grant young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 9 18:16:40 EST 2007

I have a V8 engine problem that is dogging me and am looking for advise on how to improve the situation. It might or might not help Corvair owners, so if unrelated, a private reply would be better.
This is a speed shop built Ford 351C with a big cam and compression of about 11.5 to 1.  It has about 3,000 miles on the rebuild. It starts up fine and runs like crazy, but it will not turn over fast enough (or not at all) to start when hot. I have installed a new high torque starter (which helped some) and a 900 amp battery to no avail. Once it cools off, it fires right up. The timing has been checked by a couple of repair shops. The last place loosened the valves a bit, but no change. Any thoughts? Thanks,
Grant Young