<VV> Paint for brake drums

Edelstein and Payne eandp at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 10 08:29:40 EST 2007

     There is an epoxy, somewhat hi-temp paint available from Eastwood and other suppliers that is made for drums and brake calipers.  I've used it on calipers, and it has never peeled off.  We've cleaned and wire-brushed the drums on my son's car, and used it to paint them (non-finned drums) black, 'cause they'll show through his after-market wheels and we wanted them not to detract.  As the car is still on jack stands and maybe 6 months from being back on the street, I can't say if the paint holds up on drums yet.

                                   Travis Payne, 65 coupe