<VV> Keith's Snow Story

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Wed Jan 10 20:54:13 EST 2007

None of my Corvairs have been bad in snow (at least back when we drove them winters even with Classic Car Dissolver on the roads) but by far the best
was a '67 coupe with a PG and posi diff (and AC though I doubt that has much to do with it!). Posi's are not real desirable on slick surfaces, but they help a
Corvair slog through deep snow even when the entire undercarriage is dragging. I concur with the ability to "ease into it" is also helpful.

But appropriate tires and a competant driver are the most important.

Bill