<VV> VV Names - little Corvair

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Fri Jan 12 00:08:23 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/11/2007 6:54:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jncmiller at mchsi.com writes:

There  are lots of names here....lots of initials....lots of last
names.....Lon...Lonzo...<snip>

John,
I've been on here since right around 1995 or thereabouts... I originally
signed my name as Lon, which *IS* my given name, but then I started getting
these emails telling me what great items I was selling, and how wonderful those
U-pipe for the 110s were that I was selling... and for a little while I had to
tell at least a dozen or so people that I was NOT Lon Wall (not that there's
anything wrong with Lon Wall... personally I really like the guy, and LOVE
doing  business with him, because as a businessman he's a breath of fresh
air!)... so I  started signing as "Lonzo" (which was a high school nickname... right
there with  "Sasquatch", but friendlier sounding)... I have a huge number of
people who  still call me "Lonzo" or "Lonnie" (which I was never called as a
kid because my  grandpa was Lonnie), but the birth certificate and drivers
license says "Lon"...  but I really don't mind...
Personally, you can call me anything as long as you don't call me late to
supper!

On a more "Corvairish" note, I stopped by on my way home from the Derby  City
meeting tonight and saw my buddy with the Frankensteined 61/63 Monza
Convertible... dropped off a pair of wheel covers for it, along with some wheel  well
trim for the right side, and some shroud pieces and a skid plate... he's  got
some springs coming from Clarks, and I showed him a few other parts he might
be needing... I'll be helping him with a few things... he's tickled to get
the  help, and I'm happy to see a guy almost my age (he's 37) with an old car
that's as enthusiastic as he is... Life is good!

Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair, Quart Low
Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg