<VV> Important: HB 2465

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Jan 12 00:17:34 EST 2007

I think it is because you were in California that you are confused on
why we have state saftey inspection.

No RUST in your background.

Here cars dissolved back before the 90's and all that new factory
rustfroofing to keep the unibodies from dissolving.

I have seen cars drive into my shop with suspension parts rusted off,
like frame rails! Until the wheel falls off, most drivers do not know
there is a problem under there.

Maryland only inspects when the car is sold. You should hear the stories
from my MD mechanic friends of what worn out cars (brakes, suspension)
the drivers finally drive in for repairs.

Car people get their cars fixed. Average people drive until something
falls off or dies, unless forced to have inspections.

State saftey inspection is no revenue maker for the state. And it is a
sure revenue looser for the shop unless the car owner has the work
performed by the shop. There are abusive shops, but just call the state
police and report them. They take complaints very seriously. Licenses
are revoked for offenders.

As far as breakdowns of the engine, aren't poorly running engines in CA
snagged by the emission inspections?

Frank DuVal