<VV> Two Starters...

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Jan 12 00:29:57 EST 2007

The 1960 starter has the solenoid location upside down from the 61 to 69
starter. I used to have one on my 62 van until the u-joint snapped and
broke the aluminum housing....

If you hold the starter in the position it would be if mounted on the
engine, the solenoid would be on top of a 61 to 69 starter, and near the
bottom on a 60 starter.

This is because the floor pan above the transmission on a 60 had very
little clearance.

Frank DuVal