<VV> RE: Inspections for Antique/Emissions

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Sat Jan 13 03:38:40 EST 2007

At 09:16 PM 1/12/2007, Frank DuVal wrote:

Re:   arbitrarily triggered "check engine" lights

>Many vehicles in the 80's had these odometer triggers. VW, BMW also
>had them. I'm sure there were others.
>
>30k, 60k, 90k  And then the dealer would disconnect it as they
>didn't think the car would last much longer?
>
>I love people that complain of an engine running problem and when I
>ask if the check engine light is on they say "at least six months".

Oddly enough, the Soobie in question was a '92 Loyale wagon that went
over 220,000 miles before it was sold, not sure how much farther it
went after that.     The check-engine light was probably still on.

tony..

PS:     It just occurred to me that we're discussing Sooobuhroos.