<VV> Need advice on '60 Corvair horn button color

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Sun Jan 14 01:14:19 EST 2007

At 12:50 AM 1/13/2007, Guus de Haan wrote:
>Yesterday we had our New Year meeting. One of the club member is
>restoring a '60. He would like to replace the faded horn button. It's
>a 700 and the horn looks greyish. He has spoken to Clarks and they
>specify the grey one is for the 500 and the 700 had a silver one.
>This is also in their book. Could be he has the wrong button on his
>car but can anyone tell me what came original on a 700?

Well...  my 700 had a silver one.   The '60 900 Monza has a chrome
button.   No '60 500 in the fleet so I don't know if I can help you
there, other than mentioning that I did swap out the silver button on
the 4-door with a chrome one off a junkyard '60 Monza...  the
original silver one had faded so badly over the years that it hardly
looked like silver paint at all, more like dull potmetal.    Could
your friend's horn button simply be faded?

tony..