<VV> RE: Stuck transmission

David Sallean dsallean at stewart.com
Mon Jan 15 21:00:00 EST 2007

Thanks for all the responses to my dilemma.  I have disconnected the
shift rod at the shifter.  I couldn't tell if that was the problem from
looking underneath.  With the shifter still attached at the
transmission, I attempted to move the shaft.  It is difficult to
describe, but I am able to rotate the shaft with a  "click" I could
feel.  If you were looking from the front of the car the rotation of the
shaft would be counter-clockwise.  Not able to rotate clockwise.  I
could not move it front to back that I could tell but I didn't have much
leverage.  I will jack up the back and try the "t-handle" approach
tomorrow.  It is darn cold in Sugar Land, TX today so I gave up already
for the evening.  Thanks everybody.

Message: 7