<VV> ENGINE MISS/LOSS OF POWER

EVERETT WILSON aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Wed Jan 17 12:23:47 EST 2007

Distributor Cap - Moisture got inside and condensed after cool-down.  Wipe clean/spritz some WD-40 in there and wipe out with rag.  Replace cap.  Motor on.

  BTDT - Many Times.

  Everett Wilson
  North Richland Hills TX (Where it is SNOWING, Yikes!!!!)

The Barneck's <dougbee at comcast.net> wrote:
  This is in regards to my 64 Monza 110 4spd daily driver and Here is my quandry.

Over the weekend, I washed the inside of the engione comartment with soap/water. I then removed the carbs, fuel pump, top cover, shoud, and alt/gen adapter. I cleaned all of them in the parts washer. I have an oil leak somewhere under the top shroud.

I replaced both gaskets on the top cover and the o-ring on the vent tube. I cleaned off the outside of the carbs (as they were greasy), cleaned everything up, and put it back together. drove it home 10 miles with no problems.

When I drive it the next time, I am getting an excelleration miss. Let me describe it. The car seems to idle just fine. the engine seems to rev just fine in neutral. When I start out, if I push down normally on the gas pedal, it coughs and sputters but will accelerate a bit. If I just barely push down, it doesn't cough.

what should I check and in what order?

Thanks
DougBarneck