<VV> RE: End of the line for Corvair Axle Plant

LastHamlet lasthamlet at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 09:18:24 EST 2007

which both seemed for the most part, highly
overlooked.(IMHO)
Plant troubles and closings are major news and
concern. As more and more jobs head away, we create
our own demise.
A farmer once told me that the "Farmers" screwed
themselves. Initially thinking the neighbors kids
would work for next to nothing... Plan failed, so they
turned to immigrant workers... That plan has also
failed... Now having to pay a fair wage, health care,
housing, communications, and the likes of other
industries' standards.
So, moral of the story is, and this is in my own
words, "Trying to save three cents on a particular
widget, will be carried too far, will be blown out of
proportion and given way to all out greed... Hence,
our undoing."
People always seem to forget that sweatshops are
illegal in this Country, so technically policies like
NAFTA, should be considered illegal conspiracy, as
they make way for big companies to capitalize of other
Nations, with not so humane laws to protect their
workers... Seem fair, long as we get ours,,, right???
Funny thing I am always reminded of, when it comes to
things like this, is a poem that was found in a
concentration camp that ended with these words, "When
they came for me, there was no one left to speak up."
Sooner or later, if will effect even the most isolated
of people in high positions, cause is some cases, it
filters from the bottom.
Just some thoughts I wanted to add, right along with
Gary's statements, as I feel me must get back to "The
buck stops here" and accept that no matter how you
feel, if you would not do that Gardener's job for his
wage, why do you feel he should???
With Scattered Thoughts On A Troubling Issue,
Danny Barber
AKA: LastHamlet
Asking: Is This "To Be"???????

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Axel plant in
Buffalo.
   Yes there is a lot of doom and gloom in the area,
has been for a
long
time. But things are looking up, they are planning
plenty of new Wal
Mart
Super centers........

The auto industry is in a death spiral. The more jobs
lost, the less
prospective auto buyers there will be. People working
for Wal Mart
wages
generally are not buying new cars. Has the auto
industry even thought
yet
that all the jobs going out of this country are
killing them?
Delphi wants to pay all new workers in the $10 to $12
range. think that
will put people in the auto buyers market?

It's only going to get worse..............crime is on
the upswing,
could
the reason be the hopelessness of trying to make an
honest
living..........

Gary Swiatowy