<VV> RE: End of the line for Corvair Axle Plant

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Thu Jan 18 15:12:53 EST 2007

If anyone wants to continue the discussion , This thread should probably move to talk.

The only reason I made the post was to let folks know that one of the plants that manufactured Corvair parts was going to close. This was Corvair related and had Corvair Content.

If you want to discuss what makes plants close, and the role of the UAW in that process, or NAFTA and CAFTA, that's political and doesn't belong in this part of the forum.

BTW, Swamp rat mentioned that Chevy Tonawanda was going to get a new engine. The BUFFALO NEWS reports that this will NOT add extra jobs to the Tonawanda Engine Complex, but will keep employment level as older engine platforms are retired.  a couple of thousand employees have taken buy-outs and retired early to keep from losing their job soon. This has a beneficial effect for the younger workers, because it gives them the chance to stay employed.

Hank