<VV> 67-69 Boyne Directional Switch Repair

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Fri Jan 19 09:24:13 EST 2007

To tell you the truth, I would be amazed, no, make that astounded, if it
were possible to replace the cancelling paws on a Boyne turn signal
switch. The construction is done by machine and with rivets that are
special to the application, so special that I wouldn't know of any way
to take it apart, let alone put it back together, and certainly not
while still in the column. This is something that I've studied for the
last 35 years, with no solution yet. I'd venture to say that such a
repair claim is leading us down a primrose path. The "repair" part may
be available, but it wouldn't be the first time I've seen "repair parts"
for something that was utterly unrepairable. The vendor usually ends up
with nothing but a bunch of unusable spare parts. So unless there is
something new under the sun, no apology is needed at this point, Danny.

But I'd love it if somehow, somebody could PROVE me wrong on this one!

-Mark