<VV> 67-69 Boyne Directional Switch Repair

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Fri Jan 19 18:20:54 EST 2007

For the record, in the '67-9 GM repair supplements, there are two
switches pictured as supposedly being used on '67-9 Corvairs. THEY ARE
IN ERROR! There is only one switch that is capable of being used, and
that one is labeled as the "Boyne" switch. There is no way the "Delco"
switch can possibly be used.

(The names probably come from the suppliers, and GM labeled them that
way.)

The difference is that the Boyne switch has the infamous plastic
cancelling cam paws, that are so breakable. The Delco switch has metal
wires wound in a circular shape that provide the cancelling feature, BUT
the layout is totally different. The safety flasher is in a different
location, the attaching screw holes are in a different location, etc.,
etc. It is simply not physically possible to use it in a '67-9 Corvair.

So I want everyone to pull out their '67-9 supplement manuals and a big
black marking pen and cross out the Delco switch. (G)

-Mark