<VV> knocking NOx

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Sat Jan 20 14:30:17 EST 2007

I'm not sure NOx was not part of emission standards in the early days.
Pre 1973 cars with high combustion temperatures that resulted from high compression ratios and aggressive ignition timing probably produced plenty of NOx.

These guys seem to say a modern car with 50k miles should be 0.2 g/mile or less, where a pre 68 car should be less than 3.5
http://www.epa.gov/greenvehicle/detailedchart.pdf

--
Dan Timberlake

Lonmzo wrote -